How my Home Care Training Will Work
What Happens If I’m Successful At Interview And How To Prepare
Once you’ve had your interview, we’ll get in touch with you to let you know if you’ve been successful.
If we’re inviting you to join our team then you’ll be assigned an ‘Onboarding Buddy’. This person will work closely with you on all the next steps of your induction journey.
Your Onboarding Buddy will be assigned to you by who completed your pre-screening stage. You’ll have a chance to get know this person so you feel comfortable to ask any questions, no matter how small. It’s important that you understand the process and feel happy about the information given to you.
What Information Do I Need
Your Conditional Offer of Employment will be subject to a DBS check and references. You’ll need to make sure you have some documents and information ready for this.
- 5-year address history with dates – no gaps allowed
- Proof of identity documents (a list of acceptable documents can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-identity-checking-guidelines)
- 2 references – we’ll need one from your current or most recent employer and the other from another employer or a character reference
What Other Information Will You Ask Me For
We’ll need to gather some other information from you in order to get you set up as an employee so make sure you start getting some things ready:
- National Insurance Number
- MOT certificate
- Proof of business car insurance
- Bank details
- Emergency Contact information
You will have now had your Onboarding Call with your Buddy. Your DBS application is submitted, reference requests are in and we have all the information we need. The next step is to make sure you have all the information you need. You will go through your care induction training with us. You’ll need to complete your care certificate and some in house training. Preparation for this can be done by reading up on the Care Standards you will complete in your Care certificate. This information can be found on the Skills for Care website.