Question: What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic Fibrosis (often referred to as 'CF') is a genetic condition that some people are born with. It cannot be caught or transferred, though 1 in 25 of us carries the gene responsible for the condition and we'd never be aware of this.
It currently affects around 10,600 people in the United Kingdom.
The gene that causes CF is responsible for the movement of salt and water in and out of our cells. It can cause a build-up of sticky mucus in our lungs, organs and digestive systems.
Cystic fibrosis is usually diagnosed in the screening of newborns and is most common among families with a history of the condition.
It's important to note that a combination of medication, controlled nutrition, physiotherapy and exercise will help with the control of the condition and allow for a happy, healthy life for those with CF.
Our home care staff will assist with the measures to manage the condition, giving those with CF and their loved ones some respite and assistance when they need it.
Taking Care Of The Important Things How Home Carers Assist With Cystic Fibrosis
With correct preparation and planning, it is very possible to offer complete care to people with Cystic Fibrosis in their own homes.
Provided you have a good understanding of the condition and the relevant treatments that are needed, you can create schedules and systems to apply the right medication and treatments at the correct times.
In some cases, it may be worth reviewing the safety or life-improvement equipment that your home may require. This may take the form of specialised beds, riser chairs, support bars or stairlifts.
We know that some days will be easier than others and that it's well worth being prepared for everything CF can bring. It can also be extremely hard for loved ones or relatives who are trying to provide care at home.
The Great Care Company is here to help people with CF across Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. We provide the very best home carers to assist you with our award-winning service.
We can care for a wide range of ages and will effectively help you, even if you are suffering from secondary conditions or health complications that may not be directly related to CF.
We suit our carers to you, personally, to help form a bond that goes beyond basic care. We want to support you, physically and emotionally and help you or your loved ones grow and feel truly looked after.
We know that Cystic Fibrosis can make life difficult at times and we want to show you that it does not have to restrict your quality of life. This is why we come to you, at home and provide the support you and your loved ones need, for as long as you need it.
Making Cystic Fibrosis Managable At Home Who We Can Help
It's ok to seek help when you need it. We make sure that you get the best carers who suit your needs exactly.
CF home care is ideal for:
Seeking help can often be hard and the first step is often identifying that help is required.
Rest assured, The Great Company will always find a way to assist, when you need it and to a budget that is comfortable for you.
Helping to make life easier: What Home Support Services Can We Provide?
There may be times with CF when maintaining personal hygiene can be difficult. Our carers will provide dignity, privacy and help as you need it.
Physical & Emotional Support
Simply taking care of you physically is not enough. There may be times that you just need to talk and feel support, love and encouragement.
Treatments & Medication
Treatments for CF can vary. Our fully-trained staff will aid with everything from physical therapy and medication administration to monitoring your condition.
Food & Hydration
A healthy diet can make a big difference to your general wellbeing. We can assist with meal planning, cooking for you and your loved ones and even shopping or making a brew!
Helping to Train Your Loved Ones
Sometimes, you will need some support to train family members into the care roles. We can provide support whilst vital skills (like IV antibiotic management) are being learned.
Monitoring & Understanding
It's vital when looking after those with CF that changes in condition are closely monitored and understood. Our carers give you that extra insight into feeling safe and secure.
If You Have Pets, We'll Help!
We know there may be restrictions on having pets with CF but rest assured, we will assist in looking after your furry friends! We can feed them, clean up after them or even take them for walks.
Caring Beyond What's Expected
We handpick each carer to match with those in their care. Providing support and a bond that extends beyond basic physical needs.
Areas We Cover Home Carers For People With Cystic Fibrosis In Lincolnshire & Yorkshire
Our friendly, experienced care staff cover almost all areas across Lincolnshire & Yorkshire:
You may not see your village or town listed but we probably will still be able to provide support!
With central hubs across Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, we can arrange for carers in your local area, who match your care needs and personality. We always go the extra mile to find the most suitable people!
Please get in touch and find out more about the area we cover, the services we offer and how we can benefit you with our home care service.
Checking the Pros and Cons Is Home Care The Best Option For CF Patients?
You should consider every possibility before committing to any decision. Health and welfare both physically and emotionally should come first. Here are few things to consider:
Is it expensive? Affordable Home Carers
For Cystic Fibrosis Patients
The best part about home carers from the Great Care Company is that you only pay for the services you receive and the hours you need help. With no hidden extras or surprises.
Because each person in our care requires a custom service, it is always best to get in touch with our friendly team and chat about the options. We may be able to point you in the right direction for grants or financial assistance whilst also being the most economically viable alternative to care homes.
We're the best at what we do and we do not charge the earth.
The Greatest Home Care Service From The Great Care Company
Providing carers across Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, we are an experienced provider of the best our industry has to offer.
What is so different about us?
- Our selection process allows us to pick the most suitable staff for those in their care. This lets the personalities work well together as well as provide the excellent care services that are required.
- We take great care of our staff. We know happy carers will always do their role better and more enthusiastically.
- The Great Care Company regularly wins awards within the care industry which recognise the extra efforts we go to.
- We want to provide consistent carers who you and your loved ones will be familiar with and comfortable around.
- Our training system is geared to provide the most experienced staff in the care industry. We'll always go the extra mile (at our own expense) to train our carers in any and all disciplines needed to make them the best.
- We believe in causing minimum disruption to your personal life, whilst providing the maximum enhancement to your quality of life.
- As a company, we understand the value of mental health and emotional support, just as much as physical needs.
- We work with you to create the most cost-effective method of looking after you and your loved ones.
- The Great Care Company understands that a person's needs can be complex and difficult to discuss at times. We support those in our care in every way we can to seek the help they need to enhance their life.
- We believe you deserve dignity and respect, whilst providing unparalleled levels of care.
- We will often provide additional staff, at our own expense, to assist and learn your needs. This means we can cover holidays or sick days when they occur without affecting the service you receive.
- We want to see you feeling bold and independent. You are not defined by your condition. Your life should not be limited and your happiness should not be in question.
- As government guidance changes regarding Coronavirus over time, we will always work to the current regulations. Meeting and exceeding any and all requirements for our industry.
In simplistic terms, The Great Care Company is different because we treat those in our care in the way we'd wish to see our own family treated: With dignity, love and respect.
This philosophy drives everything we do and makes us strive to give the best levels of care without compromise.
Home Carers who are Ready To Help.
Knowing you need some help is half the decision. Once that is decided, we are here for you.
Simply give us a call and we'll talk you through the process of ensuring qualified, experienced home care staff are there to take care of you, when you need them, in your own home. You pick the services you want help with, the days you'd like the help and even the hours you need us.
We aim to make the process easy. We'll match carers to your needs and personality type. Our care staff will enhance your life by providing the physical, medical and emotional support you need to manage Cystic Fibrosis.
Chat To Our Team
We're happy to answer any and all questions you may have.
Our friendly team will put you at ease and assist with working out the most affordable, reliable care plan for you.
We treat each enquiry as a unique opportunity to enhance the life of those in our care and their loved ones.